Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Getting Fixed

On Thursday this week I will take Daisy to the vet to be "fixed". This is the conversation that followed after I told the children:

Avery (in her best little girl voice): Oh little Daisy, you are going to be fixed! I'm so sorry, you will be ok.

Tee: No, I want her to have babies, 17 of them!

Travis: No, we could sell the puppies!

Me: to Avery: She will be fine.
to Tee: no she isn't even having one baby and she couldn't take care of 17!
to Travis: no, you wouldn't sell them so we would end up with 101 Chihuahuas!

Later Avery and I were having our supper (Tee and Travis were at the football "banquet") and she says, "Mommy, did it hurt when you got fixed and did your tummy look gross?"

Those were easy to answer and fortunately I got out of the conversation without having to explain exactly how the babies would get in there if we didn't get her fixed!