Monday, September 8, 2008

Rock Bottom

What is your rock bottom? Mine is pretty much when there is no order - out of control laundry, kids not getting enough sleep, a week without a home cooked meal, no groceries in the pantry. Those are the things in my life that constitute rock bottom. In order to lift myself up from the "bottom" I just treat each task like eating an elephant - one piece at a time and in a matter of time my life becomes manageable again. For others they just wish that is what rock bottom meant. Over the course of our married life, rock bottom for Travis has gotten lower as time passes - and each bottom takes less time to reach. This past weekend held the lowest point yet - hit and run DUI. The consequenses for our family are uncertain but are not good. Upon reaching the bottom you hope that this is as bad as it gets - there is almost a certain amount of relief each time that bottom is reached because you have hope that the only way to go is up. My hope is that I am the Mother and Wife that God intends for me to be throughout this challenge. Keep us in your prayers.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

God got you to it, he'll get you through it. Let me know what you want me to do. You know we'll keep Avery ANYTIME! I love you.

Kristy said...

Beckie-
At least at rock bottom the only place to go is up! I hope ya'll are on your way back up!