Friday, January 16, 2009

2009

Clearly one of my New Year's Resolutions was not "to cut down on the procrastination" since this is my first post of the New Year and it is the 16th day of the month. But I did want to share some of the things I resolve to do in the New Year and a couple of things that I am looking forward to as well. So here goes - 1st the Resolutions
1) Cut down on the Procrastination - notice I said cut down - it is so ingrained in my being that I don't want to set myself up for failure!
2) Speak more clearly (a little less redneck) and more cleanly (a little less cussing, which goes along with a little less redneck!)
3) Clear out some of the clutter - literally and figuratively - I have places in my home that drive me absolutely crazy when I look at them i.e. the desk in my bedroom(I started this one Wed), Avery's room(thanks so Gigi and my sis in law mission accomplished) and my laundry room - no more moving things around! We are moving them out! The figuratively part is a little more tricky - stay away from drama - no pot stirring! I'm not really one to start something but I can sure keep it going! So from now on I want to be aware of this pesky and destructive little habit!
4) Be as kind to my children as I am to the dog! Now I'm really outing myself on this one!
5) Spend time having conversation with my hubby - this one was inspired by a recent sermon at church about marriage and relationships
Notice that nowhere on this list is there a resolution for losing 40 pounds - that's because it's just a carry over from the last 8 resolution lists!

Now onto the Looking forward to list:
1) Getting Travis' business started - finally - this has been the never ending venture, but we are in the home stretch now - and it's a good thing since we are officially broke and now going into debt :(
2) Going to the Beach - I always am looking forward to this one but since it is 30 degrees outside it the middle of the afternoon this one is sounding more and more exciting!
3) Blogging - I have really learned a lot about some of my friends and myself during my short career as a blogger and blog follower!
4) Marriage - since we have been married for 12 years (on Feb 8) we have reached a comfortable place - not in a complacent way but a "nice cozy blanket on a cold evening way" (corny I know but true no less!)
5) Little League - I have always enjoyed watching my children participate in any activity but there is just something about Little League!

No comments: