Thursday, October 23, 2008

It's Not What You Know, It's Who You Know

Over the course of the past month, we have had the dark cloud of uncertainty over the Adams household. What's going to happen when Travis goes to court? Are we going to fly under the radar with our car insurance? Are we going to be sued for everything we have? (which is not much, but it is ours - and was not acquired by someone spreading the wealth, but I digress!) So for the short version for those out there that have offered your support - We will not have car insurance after the end of November - I guess we will have to get it from some fly by night, insurance Agent from the hood, but that's fine as long as we can get it! We so far have not been sued - I think the gentleman that Travis hit has two years to decide if he is going to do that - but so far the word is that our insurance was "very nice and got him a rental car while he picked out a new car" - let me just say - I don't know that I would have been that nice! And Travis went to court on Tuesday night and was able to plead to reckless driving - he has to pay a fine (equivalent to about 4 new pair of jeans and the Ugg boots I just ordered for myself!) and attend some defensive driving class - which he has been to so many times for work that he should have a lifetime certification already! I am so humbly grateful to God I could just cry. And so could Travis - what a blessing from Above, because Lord knows and Travis knows too that he very well could have ended up under the Ft. Valley jail.

2 comments:

Kristy said...

Beckie-
I'm so excited to hear that! I know it is a weight off of your shoulders! :)

Amy said...

Y'all are going to make it through this. Thank heavens for understanding people and for answered prayers!