Friday, October 3, 2008

Notes from Afghanistan

With all of the political talk, campaigning and war protesting going on I wonder what is really going on over in Afghanistan and Iraq. I have decided to post a quote from my brother, Cpt. Jamie Bryant - he is currently at Bagram Air Base in Afghanistan - I hope he doesn't mind - if he does - too bad, I'm older and what I say goes!

This is in response to an email joke about Sarah Palin and Hilary Clinton and then he goes on a little bit...

That is pretty funny. You would get every Soldier if it was Palin. We all love her. I do not know all of you on the address line, but I just wanted you to know that even though you hear in the news that it has been a bloody year in Afghanistan (which is true), you can be sure that we have kept them busy digging graves for themselves as well. And sometimes shooting them as they dig the grave and getting a two for one deal (that is for you Uncle Charlie. I can see you laughing your butt off right now) Say a little prayer for all of the Soldiers here and just know that they are giving it everything that they can and shedding blood for you (and the pansy liberals) each and everyday.

So please try to remember to pray everyday for our soldiers - they are working hard at establishing Democracy over there so that our world is safer - I think we forget the real reason they are there.

I love you little bro - keep your chin up and thanks for all you do. beck

2 comments:

Kristy said...

Thanks for sharing what your brother wrote. I know you must worry about him all the time and that you are incredibly proud! Keep us posted!

Char said...

I love your blog! I just squall anytime I read an email from Jamie! I know you do. He reminds me of PaPa in so many ways, but then he's ALL Jamie at the same time. I have enjoyed reading about your sweet kids. Keep on enjoying them because they grow sooo fast. My baby of 12 informed me yesterday on the way home from school that "Matt had asked her out." I wanted to lose my lunch and ground her for life. The funny thing was that I couldn't think of anything she had done wrong. Growing up is not a punishable offense! Take care!