Wednesday, August 20, 2008

One Day at a Time...

Sometimes life throws you a curve! Most of those who read this blog are familiar with the hurts, habits and hangups that have plagued our family in the past. For those of you unfamiliar with 12 step speak - "Hurts, Habits and Hangups" are used to describe issues that keep us from living our lives to the fullest. Travis has struggled with his share of hangups over the years. About 2 years ago I decided that it was time to take our family in a different direction -at the same time my Mother in law decided to take her own life - needless to say it was a low point for the Adams family. The bright side to this dark time was that Travis decided to get a grip on his hangups and start living life one day at a time. The past two years have been a sort of rebuilding time for our family - we are by no means the Cleavers but we are as close to normal (happy and secure) as you can be. There are times when it is difficult for Travis to "walk the line" but he has managed to do it, until last night. I know that God has a plan for this family and I immediately hit my knees and asked him to show me the way. He has my attention now - there are so many questions I want to ask but I pray that I can be still and allow Him to lead me. I think God uses difficult times to show us that he is in control, my prayer is that I learn whatever lesson he has for me.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm praying for ya'll. I love you!